Date(s) - Sat, Feb 23, 19
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Break the injury cycle and learn to run efficiently during this Pose Method running technique clinic with Chris Schapman at Change Fitness located in Greensburg, Indiana (1 hour from Indianapolis and Cincinnati).
You’ll walk (err: run) away with an understanding for how you can use this method of running to enjoy healthy and successful running.
Chris is a Certified Running Technique Specialist that will film and analyze your current form. You’ll then complete a variety of drills and exercises designed to reinforce the essential aspects of running. Before the end of the clinic, Chris will film your running again, and you will be able to see, feel, and hear the difference.
You will learn about the following topics:
- What is the Pose Method to running?
- How can Pose Method help me?
- How does my form look at the beginning of the class? (Video analysis #1)
- How do we incorporate running drills into a training routine?
- How should we run hills?
- What should we look for in a shoe?
- What about foot strike?
- Why do we shoot for a 180 or higher cadence?
- What are some common injuries when deviating from the essential aspects of running?
- How does my form look at the end of the clinic? (Video analysis #2)
You will participate in the following:
- Video analysis
- Pose drills
- Falling drills
- Pulling drills
- Combination drills
- Partner drills
- Corrective moves
- Flexibility routine
Come prepared to do some running, but you will not run more than 50 meters at one time. This clinic is designed for all levels of runners. We will learn from each other.
9 Week Post-Clinic Technique Training Plan
New for this clinic, attendees will receive a 6-9 week technique training plan to integrate into their regular running plan. The technique training plan is broken into three 2-3 week phases that will each focus on different skills within Pose Method.
And attendees will continue to receive a simple (yet highly effective) training band to develop pull strength and technique.
Registration is limited to 8 runners.