Date(s) - Sat, Sep 23, 17
12:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Train Yard 317
Break the injury cycle and learn to run efficiently during this Pose Method running clinic with Chris Schapman at Train Yard 317 in Indianapolis, Indiana.
Chris is a Certified Running Technique Specialist that will film and analyze your current form, complete a variety of drills and exercises with you that are designed to reinforce the essential aspects of running. Before the end of the clinic, Chris will film your running again, and you will be able to see, feel, and hear the difference.
You’ll walk away with an understanding for why this method of teaching running technique can lead to healthy and successful running.
During this running technique clinic at Train Yard 317, you will learn about the following topics:
- What is the Pose Method to running?
- How do we move?
- How can Pose Method help me?
- How does my form look at the beginning of the class? (Video analysis #1)
- How do we incorporate running drills into a training routine?
- How should we run hills?
- What should we look for in a shoe?
- What about foot strike?
- Why do we shoot for a 180 or higher cadence?
- What are some common injuries from deviating from a standard
- How does my form look at the end of the clinic? (Video analysis #2)
You will participate in the following:
- Pose drills
- Falling drills
- Pulling drills
- Combination drills
- Partner drills
- Corrective moves
- Flexibility routine
- Strengthening exercises
All attendees will receive:
- gravity.run shirt
- Access to the private gravity.run Facebook group for continued discussions
- Access to the private gravity.run YouTube channel
Come prepared to do some running, but you will not run more than 50 meters at one time.
The Clinic PLUS ticket includes four weeks of personal, weekly video analysis with specific pre- and post-run drill and strengthening recommendations based on each of your weekly videos.
Registration is limited to 10 runners, so everyone can get the attention they need from Chris Schapman, RTS.